While home cooking has become the new normal for most of us, we know it can be hard to come up with new ideas.
PlateitForward uses the best ingredients and products and we are proud of what we provide to our community. Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing some of the restaurant-quality recipes we have created for our meal donation program with you!
- 2 x Brown onions (sliced)
- 1 x tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 x tsp Ginger paste
- 1 x tsp Lemongrass (sliced)
- 1 x Long green chilli (sliced)
- 2 x Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 x tbsp Tomato paste
- 500g x LP’s smoked pig head sausages
- 2 x tbsp Lings curry powder
- 500ml x Chicken stock
- 750ml x Coconut milk
- 1 x tbsp chopped Coriander
- Lemon juice to taste
Note: if you can’t access LP’s smoked pig head sausages you can use Pork sausage from your local butcher or supermarket.
Vegetarian? No problem change the chicken stock for vegetable and replace the Pork Sausage with roast or steamed veg.
- Cook the sausages in a deep frying pan with little oil, deep enough to make the curry in as well, Allow the sausage to cool then cut into chunky pieces.
- Using the same pan on low flame, gently sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and green chilli and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato and tomato paste and curry powder and continue to sauté on low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Let this reduce until it produces a nice thick curry sauce.
- Once you’ve reached your required consistency add the sausage, coriander plus a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and a touch of sugar to your required taste.
with preserved lemon couscous, broccolini & spiced yoghurt
- 600g chicken thigh fillet
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup mint
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon & juice
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- 1/3 chermoula recipe
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 350g couscous
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- 20g of sliced preserved lemon
- 1 bunch of broccolini
Cooking Notes: Use 2/3 of chermoula recipe and marinate chicken for 2-3 hours
- 500g green prawns (peeled)
- 600g Hokkien noodles
- 150g snow peas
- 3 x tbs vegetable oil
- 4 x garlic cloves minced
- 4cm piece of ginger grated
- 4 x birdseye chilli thinly sliced
- 2 x stalks lemongrass thinly sliced
- 350g Por Kwan laksa paste
- 1.2L chicken stock
- 800ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
Note: If you’re vegetarian substitute the green prawns with tofu puffs.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and birds eye chilli in the vegetable oil at medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the laksa paste and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer. Add fish sauce, soy sauce and palm sugar.
- Cook the Hokkien noodles or noodles of choice to packet instructions.
- Poach the prawns and snow peas in the broth for 4-5 minutes.
- Place cooked strained noodles in your serving bowls, ladle the laksa over evenly and garnish with coriander & lime.